Friday, April 29, 2011

dead and breakfast

This town is not my home, I’m not a regular
I’m not even welcome here anymore
The aroma is kind to my tongue, but it’s not what I need
The intoxicants are killing me
Here I am seated, will you serve me or ignore me
My table is full and you can’t be bothered for time
I sit impatiently waiting for you to take notice
Lock eyes and take this mess you left for me to find

If this is coffee, please bring some tea; but if this is tea, please bring some coffee

It’s far too late now to blame it on the cow’s diet
Her milk is not what tainted the beans
You mix the colors in one it all looks the same
But it’s hard to mask something you can’t see
Is something wrong here, was I unclear with my words
Am I speaking the language of a long dead tribe
I told you what I desired, you seemed to nod and agree
Then you brought me this hodgepodge and split like the Red Sea

If this is coffee, please bring some tea; but if this is tea, please bring some coffee

I hate to tell you how to do your job
But I have a feeling I’ve been robbed
Maybe if you wrote my order down, word by word
We wouldn’t be here now
Is this how you treat all your customers
Is this why no one stays for leftovers
The clientele seems to change as fast as the day
I’m starting to see why this place is always empty

If this is coffee, please bring some tea; but if this is tea, please bring some coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment