Thursday, August 1, 2013

blizzard of frozen rain

I'll deal with the snow when it falls. I have a garage full of shovels and I know all of them on nick name basis. I call one spade because she can't be trusted. I call another old rusty cause she's been around so long I can barely remember her real name. There's another I call hunger and another I call pain… I don't quite remember how they got their names but they both seem fitting on cold winter days. Most others I just call Jane because it's such a common, unappealing name. I use them all, but only one uses me back. She's my favorite, although I would never tell her that. The way she pushes when I pull, drags when I go to slow. It all drives me to the edge, but I wouldn't have it any other way. So fuck this warmth and bring on the winter so I can bring back the numbness… just me, my shovels and the frozen rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment