Tuesday, May 24, 2011

of the storm

I awoke one day with empty chest
No covers on my bed
So I walked inside my own footsteps
To find what I had missed
The colors all seemed brighter
All the smells they seemed to change
At this moment I did realize
How infected I had been
The answer was no antidote
No prescription to re-fill
No salary or monopoly
Just to bankrupt when I spin
The answer was in letting go
Of the things that fork the track
Don't take the time to love something
If it can not love you back

Now the sand is clear
From the corner of
The eye
Of the storm

So now I keep my cloths in backpacks
Just in case I have to leave
And I threw the rake out in the yard
To decay with the leaves
Just as winter brings the snow
And autumn brings the fall
I will not hide
No will no hide
Because the structures they may change
But the seasons stay the same
The time we have to love will fade
So watch just what you chase
And as the fire turns to ash
And your hands they start to shake
Recall the ambition to rebuild
Is the only thing it takes

Now the sand is clear
From the corner of
The eye
Of the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment